I've been using Swift since it became publicly available. In addition to using it for smaller projects, Tabular is currently being updated to use Swift rather than Objective-C.
I have more than four years of experience working on Tabular, a large Cocoa application for OS X and iOS that was originally written in Objective-C.
I've used C# with Unity while working on various game projects.
- CThough I rarely use plain C, I have a significant amount of experience with it from using languages that extend C, like Objective-C and C++.
- RubyIn addition to using Ruby for general scripting tasks, I have worked on numerous web projects using both Rails and Sinatra as a back-end.
I've used ActionScript 3 to create several Flash games including Soul Tax.
- iOS and Mac app developmentI've developed apps for Apple platforms professionally for more than four years, and am very passionate about developing for those platforms in particular.
- UI / UX designI'm very interested in and passionate about interface and interaction design, and I have significant experience designing interfaces for desktop, mobile, and web apps/games.
- Web developmentI have several years of professional web development experience, and have pursued web development as a hobby since middle school. I primarly focus on front-end development, but I also have some experience with back-end development.
- Gameplay programmingI have a strong interest in programming for video games, and have worked on numerous game projects both professionally and as a hobby.
- Tool development
I enjoy creating various tools and utilities to assist in development.
Frameworks and Technologies
- Cocoa / Cocoa Touch
I've developed several Mac and iOS apps of various sizes using native Cocoa and Cocoa Touch.
- UnityI'm currently working on several Unity-based game projects that are in their early stages.
- gitI use git and GitHub for all of my projects.
- HTML5, CSS3I have a great deal of experience with modern web standards and technologies, including canvas, local storage, form validation, CSS3 transitions, animations and transforms, and so on.
- jQueryI have used jQuery extensively throughout my time as a web developer.
I have used node.js for several projects, including Squire.
I have used AngularJS as the foundation of Shift, a large-scale social marketing platform.
- BootstrapI generally use Bootstrap as the foundation for my CSS in my web projects.
- Ruby on RailsMuch of my earlier web development experience is with Rails, though I tend to prefer node.js for most projects these days.
- SinatraI've used Sinatra to create a number of smaller web projects, like previous iterations of my portfolio website.
- Jade, Stylus, HAML, SASSI have lots of experience with various alternative templating and styling languages. My current favorites are Jade and Stylus.
I started a software development business to create my own apps and video games. Our first release is Tabular.
I worked at Shift (formerly GraphEffect) as a front-end web developer on Shift, a large-scale social marketing platform. We used CoffeeScript and AngularJS to create our front-end-centric web app. I also provided guidance to newer members of the team.
I worked as a QA tester at Neversoft Entertainment on the games Guitar Hero: World Tour, Guitar Hero 5 and Band Hero. Responsibilities included working with a team to identify and report problems with the games and verify implemented fixes.